Community Center Bookings Policies
1.0 Renter Discloser
- 1.1 All groups using WAB facilities will agree for disclosure of costs to participants.
- 1.2 Instructional classes, courses, and camps must show accreditation, certifications and qualifications of instructors. The renter must also provide the number of instructors to participant ratio.
- 1.3 The renter must also provide general information of participants including and not limited to:
- 1.3.1 School Community affiliation
- 1.3.2 Company affiliation
- 1.3.3 Age of participants
- 2.1 Personal Statement
- 2.1.1 - I, the person am assuming full responsibility for the above event/activity, understand that community use of WAB facilities is solely at the risk of the user(s), and hereby confirm that the Western Academy of Beijing, its’ owner, its’ Board(s) of Directors, its’ management and staff members will not be held responsible or liable for any accidents, injuries or losses participating members may suffer as a result of such use of WAB facilities; and further undertake to give full compensation for losses incurred by WAB due to improper use.
- 2.2 The group is responsible for providing its’ own first aid supplies and kit.
- 2.3 A guardian, parent, coach or supervisor must supervise any group under the age of 19 and must be over the age of 21.
- 2.4 WAB does not support any activities, events, individuals, or groups that promote, violence, hate, drugs, or unsafe conduct and reserve the right to cancel any booking.
- 3.1 The Group is responsible for any malfunction or damaged equipment incurred during their event and must repair or replace any damaged equipment.
- 3.2 Group must negotiate equipment needs (Equipment may not be available for outside use)
- 3.3 WAB is not responsible for storage of outside equipment
- 3.4 WAB will maintain constant checks and reviews on equipment to maintain high standards.
4.0 Bookings Priority
- 4.1 WAB Sponsored events take priority, which may result in some booking cancellation or rescheduling.
- 4.2 We will endeavor to give 2 weeks notice to any changes in your bookings.
- 4.3 Booking Priority List
- 4.3.1 WABX - These groups are a part of the activities and athletic programs that occur at WAB. They are directly related to the student’s curriculum.
- 4.3.2 WABX/ Student - These groups at formed in partnership from the students and WABX. They are formed by interested and keen students that organize activities for the student population
- 4.3.3 Published programs relating directly to WAB community - These groups have a direct partnership with WAB and its community. They are groups who offer published and coordinated programs for the Beijing community
- 4.3.4 WAB and Teacher Community - These are groups in the WAB community that are separate from curriculum and WABX. They are organized by groups in the WAB community and often provide recreation opportunities for the staff and students.
- 4.3.5 Outside community - These are groups that have no affiliation with WAB but are interested in using its facility. They do not provide direct service to WAB or its community.
5.0 Time Agreements
- 5.1 Groups are responsible for confirming times via email document.
- 5.2 Users are responsible for following their confirmed time slots. If there is any breech of this agreement WAB retains the right to refuse any further bookings from this group.
6.0 Your in-kind donations to support the Community use of WAB facilities can be made to WABX Community Center donations. It can also be brought the WAB Finance Office
- 7.1 The security team will check its calendar to ensure your booking has been made
- 7.2 You will be asked by The security team to present your Community Badge or ID
- 7.3 The WABX office may be contacted to confirm any bookings by the security team
Please confirm your bookings by August 15th. For regular bookings you may book in the spring but it must be confirmed by January 26.
Bookings must be confirmed by January 26. If bookings have not been confirmed, the booking slot will become open.
WAB’s Community Center is available Mondays to Fridays from 6:00pm-8:00pm, and Saturday Sundays from 8:00am-8:00pm. Groups are responsible to inform WAB of any overtime used.
Special Events and Single Bookings
Bookings need to be booked 1 week in advance by the Friday of the previous week. Example: a booking is on Monday, March 10; the booking must be placed by the Friday the week before.
Tiger L’Air Sports Dome Tennis Usage Policy
Tiger L’Air operating hours 7:00am-9:00pm
WAB Community members can reserve or book a tennis court for 100 RMB/hour per court. While it is possible for WAB Community members to book courts during the day, WAB reserves the right to over-rule on bookings if WAB’s needs dictate such an action. An example of this would be high air pollution forcing students inside. Under such circumstances bookings fees will be refunded.
WAB Community members can make use vacant tennis courts (non-booked courts) for casual hitting free of charge on a first come first served basis. Tennis courts must be booked in advance for any lessons to take place.
WAB ID Passes: WAB Community Members are requested to have their WAB ID Passes available when they are using the Tennis Courts.
New Online Booking System: WAB has introduced a new booking system. After the first registration through the new system, it will now be possible to book courts directly online: http://igniter.gigasports.com/home/login/wab
For inquiries regarding bookings, please contact our facility bookings coordinator, Caleb Liu.
Should there be any problems at the time of your booking, please call the WAB Community Activities Supervisor on 13911504871.